rk3588 tsadc

Sebastian Reichel sebastian.reichel at collabora.com
Wed Jun 14 08:12:45 PDT 2023

Hello Vincent,

On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 02:56:31PM +0000, Vincent Legoll wrote:
> when testing the latest collabora rk3588 branch, I see the
> following kernel message:
>
> rockchip-thermal fec00000.tsadc: Missing rockchip,grf property
>
> Is this something on my end or is the
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3588s.dtsi
> file missing a rockchip,grf line ?

No, that is fine. The RK3588 is one of the chips where this comment
applies:

	/* The tsadc wont to handle the error in here since some SoCs didn't
	 * need this property.
	 */
	thermal->grf = syscon_regmap_lookup_by_phandle(np, "rockchip,grf");
	if (IS_ERR(thermal->grf))
		dev_warn(dev, "Missing rockchip,grf property\n");

Maybe we should add 'bool grf_needed' to 'struct rockchip_tsadc_chip'
and make this mandatory on platforms needing the GRF and not
requested at all on the other platforms to reduce confusion.

Greetings,

-- Sebastian