[RFC 0/1] ITS fails to allocate on rk3588

Lucas Tanure lucas.tanure at collabora.com
Mon Feb 27 07:18:46 PST 2023

I am assisting with PCIe and networking bring-up for Rock Pi 5B (RK3588).
This chip uses the same GICv3 as RK356X but has fixed the previous
limitation of GIC only supporting 32-bit addresses.

But the implementation decision for shareability in GICR and GITS is
still the same.

I read the previous thread about this topic:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/2791594e-db60-e1d0-88e5-7e5bbd98ae4d@rock-chips.com/T/#m5dbc70ff308d81e98dd0d797e23d3fbf9c353245

>From my understanding, the errata numbers Marc Zyngier is referring to
are found in Arm errata documents at developer.arm.com/documentation.
But I could not find Cavium or Broadcom pages for errata with those
numbers in Documentation/arm64/silicon-errata.rst

I could not find an errata document about this shareability issue,
and by what Kever said in the previous thread this could be a
RockChip design decision.

Marc, as I could only find ARM errata numbers, is the errata number
you were expecting generated by ARM only, or RockChip should issue
a document like Arm to detail the issue?

Can this shareability issue be seen as a quirk without an
errata number?

The following patch is based on the work of Peter Geis for the
Quartz64 board and the previous thread feedback.

Lucas Tanure (1):
  irqchip/gic-v3: Add RK3588 GICR and GITS no share workaround

 Documentation/arm64/silicon-errata.rst |  4 +++
 arch/arm64/Kconfig                     | 13 ++++++++
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-v3-its.c       | 42 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 59 insertions(+)

--
2.39.2