vop2: 3566 vs 3568: green screen on 3566; on 3568 all ok...

Kever Yang kever.yang at rock-chips.com
Tue Dec 26 23:25:20 PST 2023

Hi Piortr,

On 2023/12/26 19:22, Piotr Oniszczuk wrote:
> Perfect.
>
> Above patch + vop2_win_data rk3568_vop_win_data[] reordering to:
>
> Esmart1-win0
> Esmart0-win0
> Smart0-win0
> Smart1-win0
> Cluster0-win0
> Cluster1-win0
>
> makes Kodi and MythTV working out-of-box with EGL DMAbuf and DRM planes HW decoded video rendering :-)
>
> So with your help we have single 6.6.8 kernel offering EGL DMAbuf and DRM planes HW decoded video rendering on rk3328/rk3399/rk3566/rk3568/H6/H313/H616/H618/rpi3/rpi4
>
> once again: many thx
>
> (p.s: it looks like only thing missing in 356x to be perfect open-source multimedia soc is: lack of rkvdec2 for hevc/vp9 hw decoding. Are there any plans from rock-chips to help foss to bring-up mainline kernel support for rkvdec2?)
Rockchip do not have plan to add rkvdec2 driver for mainline kernel,
since rockchip vendor SDK does not use V4L2 based solution for video
encoder/decoder.
For rkvdec, rockchip has already totally open source for both kernel
driver and userspace mpp driver, people can understand how it works if
anyone interested in it.
If developers would like to port the driver for mainline kernel, it's
welcome and if you have any questions about the hardware during porting
the driver, we can help to answer.

Thanks,
- Kever