Rk3399 - Typec - Extcon

Shantur Rathore i at shantur.com
Fri Dec 8 02:09:30 PST 2023

Thanks for replies guys,

On Fri, Dec 8, 2023 at 5:38 AM Da Xue <da at lessconfused.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 7, 2023, 9:48 PM Dragan Simic <dsimic at manjaro.org> wrote:

> Manufacturers that just throw hardware in the wild cause serious dis-investment in upstream. There are a dozen vendors using FUSB302 and RK3399 but they just don't care enough to put money or time to solve fundamental issues on these platforms.

That's not an ideal situation and this is one of the reasons why these
platforms aren't the most popular even when they are really capable.

>> > I went to the FUSB302/TCPM stack issues for ROC-RK3399-PC, see the
>> > patches needed here
>> > https://github.com/libre-computer-project/libretech-builder-simple/issues/2#issuecomment-1837269475
>> >
>> > A major issue is the lack of a driver in u-boot which causes many
>> > non-conformant power supplies to time out causing error messages. The
>> > patches above do their best to keep the stack working despite this.
>>
>> Huh, you made a good point, thanks!  That's something to think a lot
>> about;  actually, a similar PD issue was discussed in the Pine64
>> community chats a few times, while discussing some Pinebook Pro's
>> power-related issues.

That would be awesome. Does this also affect the SuperSpeed
implementation on PBP TypeC port ?
 As PBP and RP64 have very similar hardware, I am hoping to get
SuperSpeed working on TypeC port on mainline on RP64.