Rk3399 - Typec - Extcon

Jagan Teki jagan at amarulasolutions.com
Thu Dec 7 23:45:10 PST 2023

Hi Shantur,

On Fri, Dec 8, 2023 at 2:42 AM Shantur Rathore <i at shantur.com> wrote:

> Hi Jagan,
>
> While trying to figure out issues with Typec AltMode + SuperSpeed on
> mainline for Rk3399 based RockPro64, I came across your proposed patch
> for TypeC Virtual PD Driver [0].
>
> Would you know if there's been any other development on supporting
> Rockchip-TypeC-Phy with FUSB302 boards like RockPro64 or PineBook Pro.
>
> [0] - https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20200904191830.387296-3-jagan@amarulasolutions.com/T/#m7b5d674764379253568a4915f2f9988d74c86593

1. Physical Type-C FUSB302: ROC-RK3399-PC (PC, Altmode)

This support PD, and Altmode.

- PD process (including negotiation) is inconsistent in mainline tcpm.
If we connect PD supply board will (hard reset) reboot and negotiation
won't happen properly.

2. Virtual PD (Not related to the type-c connector and FUSB302): ROCK
4 Boards (Altmode)

This has to be supported via some fake connector with alt-mode support
that links to DP as extcon is not the way to go. QC USB has some
solutions for it but need to find the proper ones.

Da has 6.1 Which fixes step 1 but it becomes not stable in LTS 6.1 and
Mainline. Suniel has progressed something on this in LTS 6.1 and
trying to fix TCPM -next.  May be he will push some patches soon on
the mailing list.

Thanks,
Jagan.

--