v6.0-rc6 - arm64 / rock960 : kernel panic #forregzbot

Thorsten Leemhuis regressions at leemhuis.info
Sun Sep 25 21:40:55 PDT 2022

On 25.09.22 09:21, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> TWIMC: this mail is primarily send for documentation purposes and for
> regzbot, my Linux kernel regression tracking bot. These mails usually
> contain '#forregzbot' in the subject, to make them easy to spot and filter.
>
> [TLDR: I'm adding this regression report to the list of tracked
> regressions; all text from me you find below is based on a few templates
> paragraphs you might have encountered already already in similar form.]
>
> Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker.
>
> On 24.09.22 19:43, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> there is a kernel panic on a rock960 board:
>>
>> After git bisecting, I have:
>>
>> commit 14facbc1871ae15404666747b5319c08e04b875a
>> Merge: f5c97da8037b 32346491ddf2
>> Author: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh at linuxfoundation.org>
>> Date:   Mon Jul 11 08:32:58 2022 +0200
>>
>>     Merge 5.19-rc6 into char-misc-next
>>
>>     We need the misc driver fixes in here as well.
>>
>>     Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh at linuxfoundation.org>
>>
>> Any clue?
>
> Thanks for the report. To be sure below issue doesn't fall through the
> cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, my Linux kernel regression
> tracking bot:
>
> #regzbot ^introduced 14facbc1871ae154046

Per
https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAMdYzYrqVSNmOASDUXK0MaJVy56gmRkHweb9Bs7J76O4HZn2NQ@mail.gmail.com/
and its parent:

#regzbot introduced: 8dc60f8da22fdb
#regzbot fixed-by: f340ed8664a55a4

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.