More RK817 questions

Philip C subs at pscan.uk
Tue Oct 11 14:49:41 PDT 2022

Hello Peter.

My device, from the perspective of usb phy, OTG and regulators appears
to be identical to this one:-

https://github.com/rockchip-linux/kernel/blob/develop-4.19/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3566-rk817-tablet-k108.dts

I already have a debug console and mainline booting on it.  The single
USB type-C port looks like it might work except that when an OTG adapter
is plugged in the device doesn't supply 5.0V from boost as I want it to.

Looking at the mainline pinenote dts it looks different enough that it
doesn't help me (with the knowledge that I have).  The pinenote has a
wllsemi,wusb3801 connected to i2c3, but my device has no USB port chip
on any i2c bus that I can see.  Instead it has a vcc5v0_host_en pin on
GPIO3 RK_PA3 which I somewhat suspect is how the rk817 driver is
bringing up the power rail for the OTG adapter.

The line "extcon = <&usb2phy0>;" is at line 838 in the dts that I linked
above.  This is the line in BSP that registers the rk817 driver for
notifications from the usb phy driver, and which seems to cause
regulator "vcc5v0_host" to start feeding power to the USB port when an
OTG cable is detected.

I am completely stuck.  If you can have a look and tell me what to try
then I would be very greatful.

thanks, Philip