[BUG] New arm scmi check in linux-next causing rk3568 not to boot due to firmware bug

Sudeep Holla sudeep.holla at arm.com
Thu May 12 07:34:30 PDT 2022

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 01:11:22PM +0200, Nicolas Frattaroli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> sorry for the late reply, completely missed that there was a question
> for me in this mail.
>
> On Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2022 11:40:09 CEST Etienne Carriere wrote:
> > Hello Nicolas, Cristian,
> > [...]
> >
> > Indeed the firmware implementation is wrong in TF-A.
> > And also in OP-TEE by the way:
> > https://github.com/OP-TEE/optee_os/blob/3.17.0/core/drivers/scmi-msg/base.c#L163-L166
> >
> > @Nicoals, do you want to send a patch to TF-A, or do you want me to do it?
>
> I have no experience with TF-A, so I'd prefer if you could do it.
>
> In good news, Rockchip has confirmed they're preparing to release RK356x
> TF-A sources, so I'll be able to port the patch over to their sources once
> they are released, if they don't already apply it themselves.

So, there is no way to get a blob release with the patch applied ?
We know it is a bug in TF-A and if Rockchip is using that codebase, it
will be the same bug there too causing this issue. Waiting until the
code is released and the proper TF-A port is done may not be acceptable
for many developers. So someone from the rockchip doing these tf-a blob
release must get involved here, understand the situation and get the fixed.

We can workaround, but I want to hear that it will be fixed instead of
getting ignored until proper port is available.

Etienne, are you not the author for the related TF-A code ? How can we
get that fixed in the TF-A code base. If you are not, then I will try to
get my repo login credentials sorted so that I can only push TF-A change.

--
Regards,
Sudeep