[RFC 0/4] rockchip-dsi for rk3568

Chris Morgan macroalpha82 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 07:32:43 PDT 2022

From: Chris Morgan <macromorgan at hotmail.com>

This series adds support for the dsi and dphy controllers on the
Rockchip RK3568. I can confirm that for the Rockchip RK3568 this
current series DOES NOT WORK properly yet. The image on the screen
is shifted about 100 pixels to the right and does not appear to be
a timing issue. This behavior was observed on both the Anbernic RG503
and RG353 portable gaming devices with different screens. These changes
were also tested on an RK3326 based device (an Odroid Go Advance) with
no noticeable regressions.

An example of the issue on multiple devices:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/973914035890290718/1007407064647221299/IMG_1999.jpg
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/995430498677571604/1003754966932008960/AB25898E-73EC-40A9-BD47-3FB970DDFB31.jpg

Given the fact that the DSI controller is identical on the PX30 and
RK3568 aside from different grf registers I am assuming the PHY is
likely where the bugs are currently. I'm posting this as an RFC in the
hopes that someone more knowledgeable than I can help identify the
problem.

Chris Morgan (4):
  dt-bindings: display: rockchip-dsi: add rk3568 compatible
  dt-bindings: phy: phy-rockchip-inno-dsidphy: add compatible for rk3568
  drm/rockchip: dsi: add rk3568 support
  phy/rockchip: inno-dsidphy: Add support for rk3568

 .../display/rockchip/dw_mipi_dsi_rockchip.txt |   1 +
 .../bindings/phy/rockchip,px30-dsi-dphy.yaml  |   1 +
 .../gpu/drm/rockchip/dw-mipi-dsi-rockchip.c   |  51 ++++-
 .../phy/rockchip/phy-rockchip-inno-dsidphy.c  | 204 ++++++++++++++----

2.25.1