[RESEND 3/4 v7] power: supply: Add charger driver for Rockchip RK817

Krzysztof Kozlowski krzysztof.kozlowski at linaro.org
Mon Aug 1 11:01:03 PDT 2022

On 29/07/2022 18:28, Chris Morgan wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 10:58:00PM +0800, kernel test robot wrote:
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> Thank you for the patch! Perhaps something to improve:
>
> I'm afraid I'm not sure the best way to fix this. The only thing I can
> think of is for now the driver should only be for systems with a
> Rockchip RK817 PMIC (to my knowledge only ARM based systems from
> Rockchip),

Why? We want to compile test everything everywhere,

>  but it looks like the arch was set as parisc.

The arch itself does not matter unless the actual warning is specific to it.

> Even still,
> as long as some of the functions ahead of it don't error out each
> of those variables should be used. Is there a way to confirm these
> warnings?

Just compile and see by yourself. The error should be visible on
multiple archs. If not, then use parisc. Ubuntu provides most of cross
compilers so it's extra easy to use. The ones not provided by Ubuntu are
also here:
https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/

Best regards,
Krzysztof