[PATCH v4 RESEND 0/4] power: supply: Add Support for RK817 Charger
macroalpha82 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 12:42:04 PDT 2021
From: Chris Morgan <macromorgan at hotmail.com>
This series is to add support for the Rockchip rk817 battery charger
which is present in all Rockchip RK817 PMICs. The driver was written
as a joint effort by Maya Matuszczyk <maccraft123mc at gmail.com> and
myself Chris Morgan <macromorgan at hotmail.com>.
The driver requires some basic parameters be described about the
battery in the devicetree such as the maximum capacity, the minimum
and maximum voltage for the battery, the maximum charge current, the
maximum charge voltage, and the value of sample resistors and sleep
The hardware itself contains an ADC capable of measuring the voltage,
current, and temperature of the battery (though my implementation of an
Odroid Go Advance lacks a thermistor for temperature). It also contains
a columb counter, registers for tracking the measured voltage and
current at boot, and a few bytes of nvram for storing data.
Changes from V3:
- Corrected issues in device tree documentation.
- Added additional logic to battery to correct for columb counter
drift when the device stays plugged in at a full charge state.
Changes from V2:
- Updated devicetree bindings to use common property units.
- Removed unneeded includes.
- Updated rk817_chg_cur_to_reg to make more legible.
- Simplified formula for displaying calibrated voltage.
- Updated power supply type to POWER_SUPPLY_TYPE_USB.
- Implemented get/put_unaligned macros for bulk reads and writes.
- Changed numerous dev_err() to dev_err_probe().
- Call power_supply_put_battery_info() at end of probe function.
- Removed unneeded whitespace.
Changes from V1:
- Fixed a CLANG warning regarding an uninitalized variable.
- Fixed a CLANG warning regarding a pointer as a bool value always
returning as true.
- Added Maya Matuszczyk to the Signed-off-by.
Chris Morgan (4):
dt-bindings: Add Rockchip rk817 battery charger support
mfd: Add Rockchip rk817 battery charger support
power: supply: Add charger driver for Rockchip RK817
arm64: dts: rockchip: add rk817 charger to Odroid Go Advance
.../devicetree/bindings/mfd/rk808.txt | 38 +
.../boot/dts/rockchip/rk3326-odroid-go2.dts | 26 +
drivers/mfd/rk808.c | 16 +-
drivers/power/supply/Kconfig | 6 +
drivers/power/supply/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/power/supply/rk817_charger.c | 959 ++++++++++++++++++
include/linux/mfd/rk808.h | 87 ++
7 files changed, 1132 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/power/supply/rk817_charger.c
More information about the Linux-rockchip