[PATCH v5 0/3] media: rkvdec: Add a VP9 backend
adrian.ratiu at collabora.com
Mon Nov 2 14:05:48 EST 2020
This is v5 of the series adding VP9 profile 0 decoding to rkvdec.
All feedback from v4 should be addressed, there's just one thing I did
not address: ref_frame_sign_biases in the uAPI. The userspace tool I'm
using  apparently doesn't need it or the default hwreg value for it
is capable of decoding the bitstreams I used on the driver, so I don't
really have a use-case to change and test that. :)
Considering the uAPI is a work in progress and expected to be modified,
ref_frame_sign_biases can be added later with others which might be
required to enable more functionality (for eg profiles >= 1).
Series tested on rk3399 and applies on next-20201030.
* Drop unnecessary OUTPUT buffer payload set in .buf_prepare.
* Drop obsolete .per_request ctrl flag
* Added new vp9 ctrls to v4l2_ctrl_ptr
* Fix pahole detected padding issues
* Send userspace an error if it tries to reconfigure decode resolution
as v4l2 or rkvdec-vp9 backend do not support dynamic res changes yet
* Allow frame ctx probability tables to be non-mandatory so users can
set them directly during frame decoding in cases where no defaults
have been set previously (eg. ffmpeg vp9 backend)
* Some comments and documentation clarifications
* Minor checkpatch fixes
* Drop color_space field from the VP9 interface.
V4L2 API should be used for it.
* Clarified Segment-ID comments.
* Moved motion vector probabilities to a separate
* Fix documentation issues found by Hans.
* Fix smatch detected issues as pointed out by Hans.
* Added patch to fix wrong bytesused set on .buf_prepare.
* Documentation style issues pointed out by Nicolas internally.
* Fix wrong kfree(ctx).
* constify a couple structs on rkvdec-vp9.c
Boris Brezillon (2):
media: uapi: Add VP9 stateless decoder controls
media: rkvdec: Add the VP9 backend
Ezequiel Garcia (1):
media: rkvdec: Fix .buf_prepare
.../userspace-api/media/v4l/biblio.rst | 10 +
.../media/v4l/ext-ctrls-codec.rst | 550 ++++++
drivers/media/v4l2-core/v4l2-ctrls.c | 239 +++
drivers/media/v4l2-core/v4l2-ioctl.c | 1 +
drivers/staging/media/rkvdec/Makefile | 2 +-
drivers/staging/media/rkvdec/rkvdec-vp9.c | 1577 +++++++++++++++++
drivers/staging/media/rkvdec/rkvdec.c | 72 +-
drivers/staging/media/rkvdec/rkvdec.h | 6 +
include/media/v4l2-ctrls.h | 5 +
include/media/vp9-ctrls.h | 486 +++++
10 files changed, 2942 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/staging/media/rkvdec/rkvdec-vp9.c
create mode 100644 include/media/vp9-ctrls.h
More information about the Linux-rockchip