[1/3] Device Tree for ASUS Tinker Board S
heiko at sntech.de
Mon Sep 10 09:47:15 PDT 2018
thanks for working on including the tinker-s.
Some comments below.
Am Sonntag, 2. September 2018, 12:04:48 CEST schrieb beagleboard at davidjohnsummers.uk:
> The ASUS Tinker Board S :
> Is a variant on the original ASUS Tinker Board, the main difference
> being that the "S" has eMMC.
> This patchset sets up the device tree for the "S". It is based on the
> patches used with the debian distribution which ships with the device :
> So this is really just mainlining the support.
> I've split the changed into three parts:
These general comments apply to all 3 of your patches:
(1) Please follow the general guildelines for sending patches, like
described in Documentation/process/5.Posting.rst in your kernel tree like:
- send output of "git format-patch"
- signed-off-by line
- full name as "from"
- ideally use "git send-email"
- no html mails
- no mangled content (your mail client replaced all tabs with spaces)
(2) Please keep things to lower cases. So name your board for
(3) When adding a board, please also add a corresponding entry to
(4) When adding a board variant - please don't simply copy devicetrees.
Instead ideally create a shared dtsi, that both the tinker.dts
and tinker-s can include.
For reference you can look at the Rock960 CE+EE patchset posted today:
(5) Please add lists and maintainers. I'm missing
- linux-arm-kernel at lists.infradead.org
- Devicetree binding maintainers:
- robh+dt at kernel.org
- mark.rutland at arm.com
More information about the Linux-rockchip