About 1000Mbps capability for the GMAC of RK3288

Randy Li randy.li at rock-chips.com
Sun Sep 25 19:35:18 PDT 2016

I have confirmed the 1000Mbps won't work with kernel 4.4, I have to
disable it in dts.
The TRM shows that it may not support 1000Mbps, as the gmac_speed in
GRF_SOC_CON1 is just a bit length flag.
Also I have test the performance at the firefly plus with upstream
kernel, it even looks bad at 100Mpbs mode, only 5~6 MBytes per second. I
wonder whether it is the hardware design problem or some problem in
driver, I would report if I got more information.