Applied "ASoC: rockchip-max98090: Fix NULL pointer dereference while accessing to jack." to the asoc tree

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Mon Jul 4 01:47:35 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 09:24:12AM +0200, Enric Balletbo Serra wrote:

> I just saw that these patches and the others in the patch series were
> not applied yet. As are fixes and were accepted since middle May, I

No, they are actually applied like the e-mail said - please see my git.

> expected see the patches merged in this release cycle, but we're at

In general if you think a fix needs to go in urgently it's best to
specifically identify this.  If nothing is specifically said and it's
not obviously related to something done recently then the tendency will
be to assume that the issue was recently introduced and is a fix for a
development version.

> rc6 so I suppose I'll need to wait to see them merged for 4.8 merge
> window. Please can you coordinate with Heiko and make sure that these
> patches were merged before he merges the patches to enable the audio
> on Veyron? Otherwise we will break Veyron support for a while. I'd
> really like have audio working on Veyron.

As things stand they'll be merged in the next merge window.  They're
buried in the middle of a branch with other things so I can't just send
the branch as-is.  If these new patches you're talking about are going
to get merged in the merge window as well so we're presumably mostly
fine?