[PATCH 04/16] vmlinux.lds: Move DATA_LE32() from arm64 to the common linker script

Jason Gunthorpe jgg at nvidia.com
Thu Sep 24 16:50:31 PDT 2026


On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 03:53:07PM -0700, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2026 10:53:07 -0300
> Jason Gunthorpe <jgg at nvidia.com> wrote:
> 
> > Other arches may want to use this to get consistent fixed endian output.
> 
> You will have to grab it quickly!
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/20260918145217.1669-10-will@kernel.org/#Z31arch:arm64:kernel:image.h
> drops that definition as part of ripping out arm64 big endian support.

Ah, well easy conflict resolution then :)

When I was doing this I was really doubting why it had to be endian
specific, this is mostly a cargo cult from the other stuff that was
already working that way..

I'm personally skeptical any arch could have either EFI stub a
different endianess than the vmlinux, it seems like nonsense on alot
of levels.

So, I will remove the fixed endian pieces from here? Does anyone think
otherwise?

Thanks,
Jason



More information about the linux-riscv mailing list