[PATCH v4 11/12] mm: make userland page table freeing RCU-safe

David Hildenbrand (Arm) david at kernel.org
Wed Sep 23 06:38:53 PDT 2026


On 9/23/26 13:48, Lorenzo Stoakes (ARM) wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2026 at 11:13:36AM +0200, David Hildenbrand (Arm) wrote:
>> On 9/23/26 11:06, Lorenzo Stoakes (ARM) wrote:
>>>
>>> It is the final piece that makes that the case, so I think it's OK to allow
>>> oneself a nice subject line? No? :)
>>
>> Just took me longer to figure out if I am missing something important.
>>
>> E.g.,
>>
>> 	"mm: remove unused RCU-unsafe user page table freeing"
>>
>> would have been clearer to me. Anyhow, just stumbled over it, I don't care too much.
> 
> Compromise on:
> 
> mm: now userland pgtable freeing is safe, remove unused bits
> 
> ?

Maybe something along those lines, yes

	mm: userland pgtable freeing is RCU-safe now, remove leftover bits

-- 
Cheers,

David



More information about the linux-riscv mailing list