[PATCH v4 11/12] mm: make userland page table freeing RCU-safe
David Hildenbrand (Arm)
david at kernel.org
Wed Sep 23 02:13:36 PDT 2026
On 9/23/26 11:06, Lorenzo Stoakes (ARM) wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2026 at 11:04:17AM +0200, David Hildenbrand (Arm) wrote:
>> On 9/22/26 17:35, Lorenzo Stoakes (ARM) wrote:
>>
>> The patch subject confused me at first: that's not what the patch is doing, no?
>> Previous patches did that, and now you're just removing the leftovers?
>>
>> Maybe I'm missing something that this patch does along the lines of teaching the
>> code to be RCU-safe.
>
> It is the final piece that makes that the case, so I think it's OK to allow
> oneself a nice subject line? No? :)
Just took me longer to figure out if I am missing something important.
E.g.,
"mm: remove unused RCU-unsafe user page table freeing"
would have been clearer to me. Anyhow, just stumbled over it, I don't care too much.
--
Cheers,
David
More information about the linux-riscv
mailing list