[PATCH 3/9] dt-bindings: riscv: Add MIPS Boston board compatible

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at orcam.me.uk
Thu Sep 17 06:23:15 PDT 2026


On Tue, 15 Sep 2026, Conor Dooley wrote:

> > +    oneOf:
> > +      - description: Boston FPGA development board with a MIPS P8700 bitfile
> 
> I'm not convinced that this is specific enough at all.
> I have absolutely no idea from this description if there's even a
> specific FPGA involved here - this could mean a bitstream used on an Altera
> platform or a Xilinx one, with totally different contents.
> I'm only happy with FPGA bitstream content being supported if it is
> versioned strictly and matches with some clear and obvious releases from
> the vendor. I cannot even find this board by googling it, let alone find
> clear information about what this could correspond to.

 This stuff has been around for a decade now; cf. commit 6e62a888029b 
("MIPS: generic: Support MIPS Boston development boards").  Public 
resources have been scarce.  Here's the best one I could track down: 
<https://training.mips.com/cps_mips/Examples/MD00901_Boot-MIPS_Example_Boot_Code_for_MIPS_Cores.pdf>.  
Expect disappointment, but at least there's a photo of the platform (p. 
142).

  Maciej



More information about the linux-riscv mailing list