[PATCH 23/23] kbuild: use pigz for gzip compression if available

Lorenzo Stoakes (ARM) ljs at kernel.org
Sun Sep 13 12:31:00 PDT 2026


On Fri, Sep 11, 2026 at 11:38:11PM -0700, Nathan Chancellor wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2026 at 12:03:51PM +0100, Lorenzo Stoakes (ARM) wrote:
> > Actually make KGZIP=foo will override this still. But it doesn't take an
> > environment variable for make -e.
> >
> > However, that's consistent with other variables there like KBZIP2 etc.
> >
> > Probably the wording in the docs should be tweaked!
>
> Hmmm, TIL, I thought := always overrode a value specified on the command
> line but I guess not! I don't think there is anything that needs to be
> clarified.

Yeah, news to me too :))

I did slightly tweak the doc so I didn't make a claim that wasn't valid on
KGZIP re: env vars :)

>
> --
> Cheers,
> Nathan

--
Cheers, Lorenzo



More information about the linux-riscv mailing list