[PATCH 12/23] kbuild: avoid re-running compiler and linker probes

Nathan Chancellor nathan at kernel.org
Fri Sep 11 23:51:14 PDT 2026


On Fri, Sep 11, 2026 at 11:26:36AM +0100, Lorenzo Stoakes (ARM) wrote:
> It feels like init is the right place, having actual substantive Kconfig entries
> in scripts/ feels a bit weird.

Yeah, that is valid.

> I can add an extra patch to move existing entries over before adding these in in
> the next patch?

Yes, sounds perfect.

> > I also worry about backsliding and growing cc-option checks. Should we
> > update the documentation to state that it is preferrable for these
> > checks to live in Kconfig so that they can be properly cached?
> 
> Yeah makes sense. I can add a patch to update the docs too?

Yeah, sounds good to me!

-- 
Cheers,
Nathan



More information about the linux-riscv mailing list