[PATCH 1/1] riscv: dts: spacemit: enable onboard eeprom for OrangePi

Yixun Lan dlan at kernel.org
Thu Sep 10 05:23:44 PDT 2026


Hi Chukun,

On 14:30 Mon 07 Sep     , Chukun Pan wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> > -         mac-address {
> > +         mac_address: mac-address {
> 
> This requires removing the aliases for Ethernet.
> 
> > But I am not sure whether this wiring should be part of this patch.
> > Without such wiring, the kernel falls back to random MAC addresses
> > on this board.
> 
> Currently, U-Boot patches the MAC address using the Ethernet alias
> from the Device Tree. The vendor U-Boot reads the MAC address from
> the eeprom. I think the mainline U-Boot will add this feature, so
> we don't need to add this one?
> 
I think it would take long time for us to get there - to have a mainline
U-Boot which support parsing MAC address from eeprom. So, I have no
objection to the idea of adding mac info into the dts.. 

Just let me know if you guys want to do in another separate patch, so I could
take this patch first, or want to squash together and send an incremental
 version? P.S checked k1-bananapi-cm6 board which already done as suggested..

-- 
Yixun Lan (dlan)



More information about the linux-riscv mailing list