[PATCH v6 03/21] dt-bindings: pinctrl: Add starfive,jhb100-sys0-pinctrl

Krzysztof Kozlowski krzk at kernel.org
Wed Sep 9 00:02:34 PDT 2026


On 09/09/2026 08:52, Changhuang Liang wrote:
>>>
>>> The pins property corresponds to the specific GPIO offset, so
>> PADNUM_SYS0_GPIO_A2 cannot start at index 0.
>>
>> Did you even read my reply? Or you just respond whatever to tick the
>> checkbox of responding to maintainer?
>>
>> AGAIN:
>> "You do not need to store there hardware values"
>>
>> Do you understand the term ABI between software and DTS? Is in this term
>> anything about your actual hardware numbers? No.
> 
> You are right, and I now see I was answering a different question than the one
> You asked. 
> 
> So I'd like to double-check: in the next v8 version, I'll place the currently unmodified 
> `starfive,jhb100-pinctrl.h` under `arch/riscv/boot/dts/starfive/`. For the macro 
> definitions used by the driver (e.g., `PADNUM_SYS0_GPIO_A2`, `PADNUM_SYS0_GPIO_A3`), 
> I'm not entirely sure where to put those driver-used definitions now. My plan is to place 
> them directly into the relevant domain (`sys0`) file `pinctrl-starfive-jhb100-<domain>.c`. 
> Would this change be acceptable?

Your driver has already bunch of magic numbers all over, so I don't get
why this value is somehow special, but if it is, you can have defines in
the driver directly or in the driver header.

Best regards,
Krzysztof



More information about the linux-riscv mailing list