Missed soc/genpd PR for 6.6 mw

Conor Dooley conor at kernel.org
Mon Sep 11 15:11:27 PDT 2023

Hey all,

So I've been informed that I made a hames of things and forgot to send
my soc driver PR for the 6.6 merge window. There's not too much in my
branch
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/conor/linux.git/log/?h=riscv-soc-for-next
so I would've kicked the can to 6.7, but the majority of changes there were
made to the starfive pmu driver that has since moved to the new genpd
subsystem.

Sending a PR to Arnd for 6.7 with the pmu bits & based on v6.5-rc1 doesn't
seem to make all that much sense to me, since that stuff is no longer in
drivers/soc, but rebasing on top of v6.6-rc1 would make these genpd changes,
with a different path to Linus.

What's the best way to rectify me screwing this up? Should I split out
the non genpd patch and send a PR for that for the genpd tree for 6.7?

Thanks,
Conor.