patchwork automation changes

Björn Töpel bjorn at kernel.org
Fri Oct 6 02:13:03 PDT 2023

Conor Dooley <conor at kernel.org> writes:

> Hey,
>
> We (and by that I mean Bjórn) have moved the patchwork automation
> outside of Microchip's CI and into some "generic" GitHub stuff.
> While things are switched over, there may be some oddities in terms of
> errors etc on patchwork, with some series being tested by both the new
> and old system.
>
> Just an FYI in case anyone sees weirdness over the next wee while.

I just did an update, so now checkpatch warnings, will be displayed as
warnings in patchwork as well. Hopefully the PW stoplight will be a
little less intimidating from now on.

Here's a quick overview of the moving parts.

All series that end up on patchwork are getting built at Github:
https://github.com/linux-riscv/linux-riscv/

Let's take this series as an example:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-riscv/list/?series=789971

Patch    Series                                                                 S/W/F
[v2,8/8] riscv: add support for PR_SET_UNALIGN and PR_GET_UNALIGN               12/1/1
[v2,7/8] riscv: report misaligned accesses emulation to hwprobe                 12/1/1
[v2,6/8] riscv: annotate check_unaligned_access_boot_cpu() with __init          13/-/1
[v2,5/8] riscv: add support for sysctl unaligned_enabled control                13/-/1
[v2,4/8] riscv: add floating point insn support to misaligned access emulation  12/-/2
[v2,3/8] riscv: report perf event for misaligned fault                          13/-/1
[v2,2/8] riscv: add support for misaligned trap handling in S-mode              12/1/1
[v2,1/8] riscv: remove unused functions in traps_misaligned.c                   13/-/1

Each patch in the series is tested separately. Let's drill down on patch
6:

Context                         Check            Description
conchuod/vmtest-for-next-PR     fail             PR summary
conchuod/patch-6-test-1         success         .github/scripts/patches/build_rv32_defconfig.sh
conchuod/patch-6-test-2         success         .github/scripts/patches/build_rv64_clang_allmodconfig.sh
conchuod/patch-6-test-3         success         .github/scripts/patches/build_rv64_gcc_allmodconfig.sh
conchuod/patch-6-test-4         success         .github/scripts/patches/build_rv64_nommu_k210_defconfig.sh
conchuod/patch-6-test-5         success         .github/scripts/patches/build_rv64_nommu_virt_defconfig.sh
conchuod/patch-6-test-6         success         .github/scripts/patches/checkpatch.sh
conchuod/patch-6-test-7         success         .github/scripts/patches/dtb_warn_rv64.sh
conchuod/patch-6-test-8         success         .github/scripts/patches/header_inline.sh
conchuod/patch-6-test-9         success         .github/scripts/patches/kdoc.sh
conchuod/patch-6-test-10        success         .github/scripts/patches/maintainers_patterns.sh
conchuod/patch-6-test-11        success         .github/scripts/patches/module_param.sh
conchuod/patch-6-test-12        success         .github/scripts/patches/verify_fixes.sh
conchuod/patch-6-test-13        success         .github/scripts/patches/verify_signedoff.sh

All tests for this particular patch succeeds, but the PR summary says
that there is a patch in the series that has a failing test. If the PR
summary would have been "warning", this indicated that there's a patch
with a warning anywhere in the series.

"PR summary" is for the series as a whole, and the other are for this
particular patch.

Clicking the "PR summary" will take you to the Github pull-request for
the series. Clicking any of test tests, will take you to the test run log.

The source code for the Github CI:
https://github.com/linux-riscv/github-ci

The source code for the patchwork synching daemon:
https://github.com/linux-riscv/kernel-patches-daemon

The Dockerfile for the image that performs the build:
https://github.com/linux-riscv/docker

(Oh, patches are welcome! ;-))

Björn