[RESEND v2 1/6] dt-bindings: power: Add JH7110 AON PMU support

Changhuang Liang changhuang.liang at starfivetech.com
Fri May 5 18:45:07 PDT 2023

On 2023/5/5 20:38, Conor Dooley wrote:
> On Fri, May 05, 2023 at 09:29:15AM +0800, Changhuang Liang wrote:
>
>> But if keep this "starfive,jh7110-aon-syscon" compatible. Which .yaml match to
>> it? Use this series dt-bindings or syscon series dt-bindings.
>
> There is no syscon series anymore, it's part of the PLL series now:
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-clk/20230414024157.53203-1-xingyu.wu@starfivetech.com/
>
> I don't really care what you, Walker & Xingyu decide to do, but add the
> binding in one series in a complete form. It's far less confusing to
> have only have one version of the binding on the go at once.

Hi, Krzysztof and Conor

Due to the current aon pmu needs to be adjusted, it affects the syscon in PLL series.
So It's inevitable to change syscon in PLL series.

My current idea is PLL series don't add the aon_syscon node. I will add it in my
aon pmu series in next version like this:

aon_syscon: syscon at 17010000 {
	compatible = "starfive,jh7110-aon-pmu", "syscon";
	reg = <0x0 0x17010000 0x0 0x1000>;
	#power-domain-cells = <1>;
};

In my opinion, the first we add "starfive,jh7110-aon-syscon" because "syscon" can
not appear alone in the compatible. If we have "starfive,jh7110-aon-pmu", this
"starfive,jh7110-aon-syscon" is not a must-be need.

Do you agree with doing so.

Thanks,
Changhuang