[v1, 0/2] Initialize Vector registers in the first-use trap

patchwork-bot+linux-riscv at kernel.org patchwork-bot+linux-riscv at kernel.org
Tue Jul 4 08:02:32 PDT 2023

Hello:

This series was applied to riscv/linux.git (for-next)
by Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at rivosinc.com>:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2023 01:55:53 +0000 you wrote:
> Before applying this series, We only initialize the space for saving
> Vector registers. This is not enough as Vector registers themselves also
> neeeded to be initialized before dropping back into userspace. Or, we
> may risk leaking a process's data left in Vector register to another
> process. This can be verified by only applying the second patch and
> running the test.
>
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [v1,1/2] riscv: vector: clear V-reg in the first-use trap
    https://git.kernel.org/riscv/c/75b59f2a90aa
  - [v1,2/2] selftests: Test RISC-V Vector's first-use handler
    https://git.kernel.org/riscv/c/5c93c4c72fbc

You are awesome, thank you!
--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.