[RFC 0/2] RISC-V: enable rust

Palmer Dabbelt palmer at dabbelt.com
Fri Feb 24 13:31:55 PST 2023

On Fri, 24 Feb 2023 05:36:08 PST (-0800), Conor Dooley wrote:
> This is a somewhat blind (and maybe foolish) attempt at enabling Rust
> for RISC-V. I've tested this on Icicle, and the modules seem to work.
> I'd like to play around with Rust on RISC-V, but I'm not interested in
> using downstream kernels, so figured I should try and see what's
> missing...
> I've tagged this as RFC in case I've missed some "WAaaaa you can't do
> this" somewhere :)

I'm fine with it, but IIRC the Rust support for most targets was pulled
out as they weren't deemed ready to go yet.  If the Rust folks are OK
turning on RISC-V support then it's fine with me, but I think it's
really more up to them at this point.

So

Acked-by: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at rivosinc.com>

in case folks want to take it via some Rust-related tree, but I'm also
fine taking it via the RISC-V tree if that's easier.