[RFC 0/6] PolarFire SoC Reset controller

Conor Dooley mail at conchuod.ie
Sun Jun 19 09:49:30 PDT 2022

From: Conor Dooley <conor.dooley at microchip.com>

Hi Stephen (& Philipp),

I gave the aux bus approach to the clock->reset driver combo a go.
Could you take a quick look and lmk if it meets your expectations
for that approach? There weren't too many aux bus drivers to "take
inspiration from" so I implemented this based on drivers/peci/cpu.c
If it all looks sane at first glance, I'll tidy things up a little
and submit.

@Geert the prior "RFC" you said you saw issues with the ethernet?
I implemented the reset stuff for the macs and it looks to be to
be working fine - but I did not do any meaninful testing with
CONFIG_PM=y.

Thanks,
Conor.

(Since it's just the clk -> reset aux bus interface I care about
here, I left the net/dt maintainers off the CC.)*

Conor Dooley (6):
  dt-bindings: clk: microchip: mpfs: add reset controller support
  dt-bindings: net: cdns,macb: document polarfire soc's macb
  clk: microchip: mpfs: add reset controller
  reset: add polarfire soc reset support
  net: macb: add polarfire soc reset support
  riscv: dts: microchip: add mpfs specific macb reset support

 .../bindings/clock/microchip,mpfs.yaml        |  17 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/net/cdns,macb.yaml    |   1 +
 arch/riscv/boot/dts/microchip/mpfs.dtsi       |   7 +-
 drivers/clk/microchip/Kconfig                 |   1 +
 drivers/clk/microchip/clk-mpfs.c              | 118 +++++++++++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb_main.c      |  25 ++-
 drivers/reset/Kconfig                         |   9 +
 drivers/reset/Makefile                        |   2 +-
 drivers/reset/reset-mpfs.c                    | 155 ++++++++++++++++++
 include/soc/microchip/mpfs.h                  |   8 +
 create mode 100644 drivers/reset/reset-mpfs.c

base-commit: b13baccc3850ca8b8cccbf8ed9912dbaa0fdf7f3
--
2.36.1