No subject

Palmer Dabbelt palmer at dabbelt.com
Fri Feb 4 13:45:12 PST 2022

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 07:37:00 PST (-0800), vitaly.wool at konsulko.com wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 4:30 PM Myrtle Shah <gatecat at ds0.me> wrote:
>>
>> These are some initial patches to bugs I found attempting to
>> get a XIP kernel working on hardware:
>>  - 32-bit VexRiscv processor
>>  - kernel in SPI flash, at 0x00200000
>>  - 16MB of RAM at 0x10000000
>>  - MMU enabled
>>
>> I still have some more debugging to do, but these at least
>> get the kernel as far as initialising the MMU, and I would
>> appreciate feedback if anyone else is working on RISC-V XIP.
>
> I'll try to support you as much as I can, unfortunately I don't have
> any 32-bit RISC-V around so I was rather thinking of extending the
> RISC-V XIP support to 64-bit non-MMU targets.
> For now just please keep in mind that there might be some inherent
> assumptions that a target is 64 bit.

I don't test any of the XIP configs, but if you guys have something that's sane
to run in QEMU I'm happy to do so.  Given that there's now some folks finding
boot bugs it's probably worth getting what does boot into a regression test so
it's less likely to break moving forwards.

These are on fixes, with the second one split up so it's got a better chance of
landing in the stable trees.

Thanks!