Linux 5.14-rc2

Akira Tsukamoto akira.tsukamoto at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 02:56:51 PDT 2021

On 7/24/21 09:58, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
>> I have sent the fixes yesterday in my time.
>>
>> https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-riscv/2021-July/007621.html
>>
>> Guenter and Geert have confirmed the fix.
>>
>> https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-riscv/2021-July/007634.html
>> https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-riscv/2021-July/007626.html
>>
>> Akira
>
> Thanks.  I've got these on fixes now, I'll send them up tomorrow morning assuming the autobuilders don't find any issues.  Like I said in the other thread I wasn't getting these allmodconfig failures, so if there's an easy way to reproduce them I'd be happy to add it to my setup -- I don't really know anything about GCC plugins, I'm just using Debian's toolchain for my Linux test setup (haven't gotten around to merging it with my GCC test setup, and it's been a decade so I guess I should stop pretending that's going to happen ;)).

Sure, my procedure is based on Guenter’s instructions.
I built qemu v6.0.0, buildroot 2021.05 and the kernel with the toochain came with buildroot.

# qemu
git clone https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu.git
cd qemu
git checkout -b v6.0.0
git submodule update --init --recursive
git submodule sync --recursive
./configure --target-list=riscv32-softmmu  --disable-user --disable-gnutls --disable-docs --disable-nettle --disable-gcrypt --disable-vnc-png --disable-xen --disable-xen-pci-passthrough --disable-libssh
make -j $(nproc)

# buildroot
git clone git://git.buildroot.net/buildroot
cd buildroot/
git checkout 2021.05 -b 2021.05
make qemu_riscv32_virt_defconfig
make

# kernel
export PATH=locaion_of_buildroot/output/host/bin:${PATH}"
Built kernel.

# prepare booting rv32
Downloaded rootfs.cpio and run.sh from Guenter’s link to inside buildroot/output/images/.
http://server.roeck-us.net/qemu/riscv32/

cd output/images
Used revised run.sh.
```
export PATH="location_of_qemu/build:${PATH}"
export KERNEL_DIR=location_of_kernel/arch/riscv/boot/
qemu-system-riscv32 -M virt -m 512M -no-reboot \
    -bios default -kernel ${KERNEL_DIR}Image \
    -initrd rootfs.cpio \
    -append "rdinit=/sbin/init console=ttyS0,115200 earlycon=uart8250,mmio,0x10000000,115200" \
    -nographic -monitor none
```

The rootfs.cpio checks the network after booting and poweroff immediately to return to shell.

Akira