Status for RISC-V Summit

Björn Töpel bjorn.topel at intel.com
Thu Nov 12 15:03:43 EST 2020

On 2020-11-12 13:48, Drew Fustini wrote:
> Hello, I am updating my Embedded Linux Conference talk about Linux on
> RISC-V for the RISC-V Summit in December [1].  I want to have a slide
> or two that captures the recent accomplishments for RISC-V Linux
> support and what is on the horizon.
>
> I current have listed as recent and ongoing work:
>
> - KVM (Anup Patel/Atish Patra)
>    [waiting on ratification of Hypervisor spec]
> - eBPF JIT (Björn Töpel)
> -  KGDB support (Vincent Chen)
> -  kexec/kdump support (Nick Kossifidis)
> - kprobes/kretprobes (Guo Ren)
> - generic vDSO support
> - syszcaller support
> - build with LLVM/clang
>
> I would really appreciate any feedback on what I should add, modify or remove.

What a nice slide deck, Drew! Looking forward to the summit presentation.

On the eBPF side of things, we've gained RVC support. As you know BPF
really shines in the tracing side, so I'm personally very excited that
Ren is still working on kprobes -- hopefully it'll be merged the next
window. When kprobes land we can use bpftrace [2] on RISC-V. It'll make
perf a whole lot more usable as well.

Emil Renner Berthing added jump-label support.

...but that's probably too much detail for the deck. :-P

I'll take a more detailed look, and get back if I have any feedback.

Cheers,
Björn

[2] https://github.com/iovisor/bpftrace