msync in pmfs and other NVM filesystems

Steve Byan stevebyan at me.com
Fri Feb 7 16:41:01 EST 2014

I admit to having not read the code, but I'm hopeful that someone readily knows how, for a msync call, the kernel identifies the correct execute-in-place filesystem(s) to dispatch to for a range of memory. Suppose the application calls msync with a range that specifies more than one mapped file, and those two files are in different XIP filesystems?

I'm also fuzzy on what filesystem entry point ends up being called by msync - is it writepage? Or do XIP pages have a different entrypoint?

Best regards,
-Steve

--
Steve Byan <stevebyan at me.com>