Problem with ide-cs

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Sat Jul 30 00:14:20 EDT 2011

With kernel 3.0, my external hard drive attached to a PCMCIA card reports "irq
11: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)". The driver in
question is ide-cs. When I try irqpoll, the device works correctly. Naturally,
the interrupt is shared with yenta, the PCMCIA adapter driver. In addition, that
same interrupt is used by a BCM4318 Cardbus device.

I plan on preparing a Bugzilla entry for this problem, but I'm not quite ready.
What I would like to know if there is any documentation on what kinds of changes
are needed to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Larry