bug in addressspace?

Arne Zachlod zachso at arcor.de
Tue Sep 28 11:39:18 EDT 2010

Hello!

currently I'm working on my own CardBus card and I test and debug it
with your beautiful tools. I have seen that the Linux-system freezes if
I plug in my card if I give the card these initial values for address
spaces:

BAR0 - 0x0000 9011
BAR1 - 0x0000 9019
BAR2 - 0x0000 9021
BAR3 - 0x0000 9029
BAR4 - 0x0000 9031
BAR5 - 0x0000 9001

I know these values are completely bullsh*t but i think a system
shouldn't get unstable ore freeze because you plug in something thats
not covered by the specs.
I tested this with kernel 2.6.35.6.
I don't know which other informations you need, so please give me a list
or something like this. If you like I could show you some kind of
LogicAnalyzer output of the situation (you can probably see there what
data got transferred). dmesg and lspci is not possible because the
complete PC freezes in that situation.

Regards,
Arne