[RFC v4] PCMCIA locking updates for 2.6.34

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Tue Jan 26 16:58:02 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 06:30:00PM +0100, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> Hey,
>
> The v4 of the locking pathes are available in the git repository -- along
> with a few other fixes and improvements -- at:
>
>     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/brodo/pcmcia-2.6.git#locking
>
> Only those patches which changed (and which are marked with * below) will be
> sent out to the PCMCIA list. Changes since v3:
>
> - avoid prod_id memleak
> - use pccardd for any requery work, not the workqueue

Okay, I tested your current locking-branch.

Changing PCMCIA-Cards works flawlessly. However:

1) Insert a PCMCIA-network-card (I have two, doesn't matter which)
2) Remove it again
3) Insert a CardBus-Wireless card (Netgear WG511 in my case)

gives me a hard lockup! Nothing is printed, keyboard and mouse are dead.
Powercycling is the only option, then. I don't have any other cardbus-cards at
the moment, but might get some next week. Maybe this gives some more insight to
the pattern...

Note, that the CardBus card works fine if I tried the above steps with a
CF-card instead of a network-card. It is also working if it is the first card
inserted after a reboot.

Let me know if I can provide more information.

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |