possible bug in pd6729

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Sep 11 09:34:10 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
rom: "Wolfram Sang" <w.sang at pengutronix.de>
To: "John G. Heim" <jheim at math.wisc.edu>
c: "Komuro" <komurojun-mbn at nifty.com>; <linux-pcmcia at lists.infradead.org>
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 1:28 AM
Subject: Re: possible bug in pd6729

>> 0000:00:13.0. Please try using pci=3Dbiosirq.
>
>Did you try that?

I don't know what it means.

I tried googling it but all I got was a lot of other log dumps with the same
message. I hate to make excuses but I am also blind and its difficult for me
to scan long web pages with 100s of lines of log dumps.

While I was trying to give you the diagnostic stuff you asked for, I found a
workaround of sorts. I booted with a serial console,console=ttyS0, and the
error messages no longer appear on the regular console. So now I can log in
there and use the laptop as normal. The error messages still appear on the
serial console but I could direct them to ttyS1 and then they'd go no where,
I guess. I'm not sure what happens if you write to a serial port that
doesn't really exist.