yenta_socket: PCMCIA-Cards are not recognised by kernel

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Thu Sep 3 15:57:53 EDT 2009

>   the pcmcia ioctl has been listed as removable since 2005:
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/5/1/124
>
> and is still listed that way in Doc/feature-removal-schedule.txt, you
> can't say i didn't try.

I read the thread in which you tried. I will have my try, too. This time, I
want to convert the existing users first and then throw the interface away. To
me, it looks like there is only one prominent user left, Debian's discover.
Even though the PCMCIA-information it collects is hardly useful, I converted
it:

Still working on getting any response from the maintainers :)

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |