yenta_socket: PCMCIA-Cards are not recognised by kernel

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Thu Sep 3 13:27:18 EDT 2009

On Thursday 03 September 2009, Christian Krämer wrote:
> I also tried to install gentoo offline (with a portage snapshot and
> manually downloaded distfiles). The snapshot was form the 14th August
> 2009. At this time the source packet "gentoo-sources-2.6.30-r4" was the
> current stable for the x86 platform, which I used.

OK. Let's CC the pcmcia experts on this.

either 2.6.24 or 2.6.30. After inserting it, 'lspci' does not list the
card, but 'lspci -H1' does.
Original message with lspci and dmesg output for .24 is at:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/9/2/199

Christian: what is the PCI ID of the device? You can find out using
'lspci -H1 -nn'.

Cheers,
FJP