Driver for freescale mxc SoCs

Martin Fuzzey mfuzzey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 10:01:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am currently looking at implementing pcmcia support for the
Freescale MXC (i.MX21/27/31) family of SoCs with the objective of main
line inclusion.

I have downloaded Freescale's driver and notice that they have copied
virtually all the code from soc_common.c within their driver.
The only reason for doing this appears to be that it is necessary to
write to a a hardware "window register" in
soc_common_pcmcia_set_io_map and soc_common_pcmcia_set_mem_map.

Would there be any objection to a patch that adds 2 function pointers
to struct pcmcia_low_level to allow the standard soc_common.c to be
used for mxc?

Furthermore I am also wondering about how I should go about testing
the driver once written. There don't appear to be any test suites
(like the ones for USB and MMC) but maybe I haven't looked in the
right places?

Regards,

Martin