pcmcia compact flash recognized, but not mounted

striper striper23 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 15:35:40 EST 2009

I spent time googling, but was unable to find an answer to this ...

I have Compact Flash + a PCMCIA adapter. Shows up fine on a Win32
laptop as a FAT volume.

I am running a fresh/clean install of Fedora 10 on a Dell Latitude D600.

When I insert the adapter with compact flash into the card slot the
hardware is recognized. I see the following in /var/log/messages:

 Jan  5 14:57:59 d600 kernel: pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
 Jan  5 14:57:59 d600 kernel: pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia0.0

The device correctly appears as /sys/bus/pcmcia/devices/0.0 with
(apparently correct) subdirectory tree.

Yet, the volume does not mount .... and I cannot find any mount points.

It actually isn't important to me that it automount ... but I haven't
figured out how to mount it by hand.

fwiw, USB devices *do* automount properly on this system.

Any help would be appreciated.

--striper