2.6.28-rc2: new PCMCIA device instance after resume - orinoco can't download firmware

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at mail.ru
Tue Oct 28 23:43:50 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 29 October 2008, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:19:50PM +0300, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> > I am running PCMCIA based orinoco with WPA support (external firmware)
> > and two patches to cache it after request_firmware to use in resume.
> >
> > This worked fine in 27 and wtopped working in 28-rc. The apparent difference
> > I see:
>
> Hm, can't find any suspect patch which would change this behaviour in PCMCIA
> land. Could you try to bisect it on {drivers/base/ kernel/power
> drivers/pcmcia drivers/net/wireless/orinoco*.c} possibly?

Yes, I too checked log for drivers/pcmcia and could not find anything
spectacular.

I am afraid I can't estimate when (if) I will be able to do bisect :(

Rafael, it looks like some serious changes in suspend/resume framework?
Do you have any idea what could it be? Original message is here:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=122522165719760&w=2

TIA

-andrey