[2.6 patch] pcmcia: kill IN_CARD_SERVICES

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu May 15 13:26:49 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 06:42:14PM +0200, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> Hi,

> > > NAK.
> > >
> > > This breaks compilation of the pcmcia-cs userspace utils.
> >
> > then it is time to finally fix pcmcia-cs.
>
> Russell -- what exactly do you still need pcmcia-cs for (and why exactly
> can't you switch to pcmciautils); and do you need a full-fledged pcmcia-cs
> interface?

The problem I have is that I have a machine here which is in regular use.
The original development for the platform finished several years back and
the CVS server which had all the userspace source on has *gone*.

So, I *really* don't care about breaking the pcmcia-cs build.  What I care
about is being able to continue to regularly use the machine _and_ test
out later kernels on the platform.

That means I've no problem with this patch to remove IN_CARD_SERVICES.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of: