2.6.23-rc9-git4: pata_pcmcia, disabling IRQ #9 and Re: libata and legacy ide pcmcia failure

Tejun Heo htejun at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 00:40:12 EDT 2008

Hello,

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> From: Tejun Heo <htejun at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: 2.6.23-rc9-git4: pata_pcmcia, disabling IRQ #9 and Re: libata and legacy ide pcmcia failure
> Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 23:44:39 +0900
>
> [Problems with PCMCIA adapter and CF card on ThinkPad T60p.]
>
>> Does irqpoll help?
>
> Yes!
>
> Booting with the irqpoll boot option results in correct behaviour even
> with repeated insertions and removals (with or without unmounting from
> desktop) and when booting with or without the adapter and card inserted.
> Much better (but slower).
>
> Booting without the irqpoll boot option and no adapter and card in at
> boot results in the bad behaviour when the adapter and card are first
> inserted.  Booting without the irqpoll boot option and the adapter and
> card in at boot results in more-or-less correct behaviour (there is an
> extra icon on the desktop for the media, but this is a known problem and
> probably not related), although in the past the behaviour in this
> situation has been somewhat non-deterministic.
>
> Problem solved?  Or not?

Well, we're getting somewhere but not really there yet.  Somehow IRQ
routing didn't get setup right.  I don't have much idea on how to track
it down.  Cc'ing linux-pci and linux-pcmcia.

Hello, guys, on tp60, IRQ on PCMCIA CF controller isn't working.  I
don't know whether this is because IRQ isn't routed properly or someone
didn't wire the ATA interrupt line.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
tejun