PCMCIA Client Drivers for accessing CF Storage Card

kiran vedere vederekiran at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 14:44:35 EDT 2008

Hi Dominik:

Thanks for the reply.

While going through the pcmcia/ata sources some more questions propped up.
1. The CF card needs to be configured for True-ide mode for emulating
it as a ATA Device . Do I need to do this or its handled by the
pata-pcmcia.c client driver?
2. The TrueDMA mode also supports Multiword DMA and Ultra DMA modes of
data transfer. How does the pata-pcmcia Client Driver support these
modes? Can I provide any callback functions or I need to implement a
seperate Client Driver to support these modes?
3. Are there any platform specific routines I need to implement when
using these Client Drivers (pata-pcmcia.c/memory-cs.c) ?
4. I have read that the 2.6 kernel uses pcmciamtd.c Client Driver
instead of memory_cs.c. Does this support Compact Flash Storage?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
kiran