How to verify PCMCIA smart card reader working?

Sihan Goi goister at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 05:01:24 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a Thinkpad X60 laptop with Mandriva 2008.1 and I've tried 2
smart card readers, an Omnikey Cardman 4040 and a Gemplus GemPC Card.
However, I can't even seem to get them detected.

I've installed pcmciautils. When I do a tail -f /var/log/messages, I
see the following line when I insert either PCMCIA reader:
localhost kernel: pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0

And when I remove the card:
localhost kernel: pccard: card ejected from slot 0

When I run pccardctl ident, no product info is available.

Is there something else I need to do to get PCMCIA working?

Sorry for the noob question. TIA.

--
- Goi Sihan
goister at gmail.com