Configuration problem with ide-cs

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Sun Jul 6 17:51:37 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 09:19:18AM -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
> I just upgraded from openSUSE 10.0 to 10.3 on an older laptop. When I did, my
> auxiliary IDE disk interface stopped working. I don't think it is a kernel
> problem as I was successfully using 2.6.25 kernels before the change.

Hm... is there a file /etc/pcmcia/config.opts ? And does running
pcmcia-socket-startup (either located in /lib/udev/pcmcia-socket-startup or
in {/usr}/sbin/pcmcia-socket-startup) help? The problem is that this is a
system where an userspace-based database needs to tell the kernel what
ioports and iomem are available to be used for the PCMCIA subsystem. This
data is still stored in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, and lspcmica -vvv shouldn't
say
                         Available ioports:      --none--
                         Available iomem:        --none--
if this resource database was "sent" to the kernel.

Best,