Question regarding IRQF_SHARED and pcmcia driver

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 00:02:57 EST 2008

Greetings,

Still debugging hd64461 pcmcia driver. My best guess is that it for some reason cannot register the pccard irq and therefore bugs out
when socket IRQ returns IRQ_NONE.
More specificly I suspect it tries to request the pccard irq without IRQF_SHARED flag and therefore is unable to aquire it.

Anyhow, short questions:
1) purpose of socket->functions? I see its checked in pcmcia_request_irq and if > 1 it should set pccard IRQ to type IRQF_SHARED.
   I thought if socket.irq = pci.irq it would guess that its dealing with a shared interrupt.
2) Best way to reserve pccard irq interrupt? And does the handler get replaced by the proper driver handler?

>From what I can tell the socket interrupt is working fine (detecting changes properly) but everytime it pushes IRQ_NONE (interrupt ment for pccard interrupt) it oopses with "nobody cared..".

Best wishes
Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Ericson <Kristoffer.Ericson at Gmail.com>