Cardbus/Yenta/PCI 2.6.22 help

Christophe Huygens xtof at huygens.biz
Thu Feb 14 11:41:41 EST 2008

Chris Howells wrote:
> Christophe Huygens wrote:
>
>> I have a problem getting a PCI to Cardbus adapter to work on a dell
>> 1550 server. I have been truying for days to get this going but
>> I cannot figure out what is wrong. As far as I understand, all
>> should be ok in terms ok irqs, and resource windows...
>> This machine has 2G memory and 2 CPUs.
>> Running 2.6.22-14-generic.
>
> Try booting with pci=assign-busses
>
> This "fixed" the problem with a PCI to CardBus on a PowerEdge 1950 for
> me.
Hi Chris,

I tried that many moons ago... does not help. I have sort of exhausted
all options
here... I d be willing to give if it did not work with XP, but it does
so it should
be possible under Linux. This machine has 4 host-PCI bus bridges... I am
sure
this has something to do with it.

Thanks for ur input
Christophe