can't find Compact Flash card in PCMCIA adapter

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Thu May 24 05:40:00 EDT 2007

    I am trying to get a custom CF card working with Linux 2.6.20.

    I have an older driver for it that purportedly worked at some time
long ago
    that almost certainly needs updated.
    I can build and load the driver, but it does not seem to get glued
to the card.
    I get pccard: messages in syslog recognizing the addition and
removal of the card.

    pccardctl status knows a 3.3v 16bit PC-card is in socket 0
    no other pccardctl commands seem to be aware even that the card is
present

    cat /sys/bus/pcmcia/devices/*/* shows nothing
    cat /sys/class/pcmcia_socket/*/* yeilds

0x00000100 - 0x000001ff
0x00000210 - 0x000003af
0x000003e0 - 0x000004cf
0x000004d8 - 0x000004ff
0x00000820 - 0x000008ff
0x00000a00 - 0x00000aff
0x00000c00 - 0x00000cf7
0x00003000 - 0x00003fff
0x000c0000 - 0x000fffff
0xc2020000 - 0xc20fffff
yes
0x0438
on
16-bit
3.3V
3.3V
3.3V

        A clue about how to glue the driver to the card would be appreciated

        Also what existing pcmcia driver would serve as a fairly
uptodate reference for a device with IO and memory ?

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein